LEGISLATORS NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!
>>PLEASE SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS<<
Our important bills to increase police accountability and address policing issues are very, very close to crossing the finish line! THIS IS CRUNCH TIME! CLICK HERE to send a message to the House/Senate conference committee.
THE OTHER SIDE IS MAKING NOISE that now is not the time for police accountability--even though nothing has changed that would stop another police killing from happening.
Our police accountability bills have been rolled into the House omnibus bill, HF 1078. However, the Senate omnibus bill, SF 970, does not contain any of our provisions. Because the bills differ, they are being heard in a House/Senate conference committee. It is IMPERATIVE the final omnibus bill include our provisions.
The House/Senate conference committee meets all this week. The members of that committee MUST HEAR FROM YOU.
CLICK HERE to tell the members of the conference committee to pass the House version HF 1078 with no changes.
Our bills included in House omnibus bill:
- End the Statute of Limitations for Lawsuits for Wrongful Deaths Caused by Police (HF 717, SF 2021) Link to bill here
- Strengthen Civilian Oversight (HF 640) Link to bill here
- End Police-Only Responses to Mental Health Crisis Calls (HF 1686, SF 1924) Link to the bill here
- End No Knock Warrants (HF 1762, SF 2139) Link to bill here
- Require Police to Carry Professional Liability Insurance (HF 440, SF 815) Link to the bill here
- Require Access to Body Worn Camera Footage in Police Critical Incidents within 48 Hours (HF 1103, SF 807) Link to bill here
Governor Walz has assured us that he will sign the bill if it contains our provisions. See his press conference on our bills here.
PLEASE TAKE THIS ACTION RIGHT AWAY to ensure these essential changes becomes law.